Wednesday, May 6, 2009
DOWs, Mobile Mesonets, Tornado Pods on the Road
The CSWR and CU teams have left Boulder, finally. Late yesterday we got the newest DOW, DOW7 working well enough that we could leave our lab. We made it to Limon, Colorado where we spent the night. Now we're heading to Hays, Kansas. We're spending the road time testing and shaking out our systems. As is to be expected we have a long bug list. This includes a broken air conditioner in DOW7. It is getting quite hot here in the back with all these computers and electronics. Spirits are way higher today; the crew really needed to get out of the shop and on the road.
- Backwards Storm Intercept
- Surprise supercell intercept
- VORTEX2 Goes Way North
- A few days of being stationary for VORTEX2
- No gold at the end of the rainbow yet
- VORTEX2 hits the road
- Glamour, Sciance, and the Start of VORTEX2
- Arrived in Norman for 'Media Day'
- CSWR team in Hays, Kansas
- DOWs, Mobile Mesonets, Tornado Pods on the Road
- I am writing from Boulder, unfortunately. We tri...
- <!--[if gte mso 9]> Normal 0 ...
- The VORTEX2 project is about to begin. We have b...
- ▼ May (13)